Visiting the cafe
There are a few basic rules we ask visitors of the Lucky Cat Cafe to follow to keep the cats healthy and happy, and for your safety.
- Be nice to the cats! Don't pull their tails, chase them or anything that would scare them. If you do, you will be asked to leave with no refund.
- Don't pick up the cats unless the staff let you know you can. Some might be comfortable with being picked up, some may not. But they may come sit on your lap if they like you!
- Please do not feed the cats, unless it is cat food brought in by the staff
- No flash photography.
- Before interacting with the cats you will need to check in, assuming all liability for injury or damage to person or property.
- Strictly no guests under 8 years old are permitted in the cat room.
- For visitors aged between 8 and 12 years, a parent or guardian will need to sign for, and be present throughout the session (booked in).
- Visitors must sanitise or wash their hands before entering the cat room, it helps us keep the cats clean and healthy.
- Only food and drinks purchased from Lucky Cat Cafe (except water) can be taken into the cat room.
- Only drinks with lids are allowed in the cat room.
Are the cats at the cafe available for adoption?
Our cats are all available for adoption. We work with Kitten Kapers Rescue to ensure that they are adopted into suitable forever homes, with adoption days happening Sunday afternoon and Mondays. Please note, we do not do same-day adoptions.
Is the cat room wheelchair accessible?
Yes it is—there is a single step at our front door, but we have a portable ramp, if required.
The rest of the cafe is single level with only slight lips to enter the cat room, however there are a few stairs to access the toilet that don't work with the ramp.
There is a handrail which is suitable for those with limited mobility, but not for chair bound people.
Can I bring my cat from home in for a visit?
Sorry, no. No outside animals are permitted inside the cafe due to council regulations.
Can I bring my own food and drink into the cafe?
Only birthday cakes or party snack food are permitted, by prior arrangement.
Can I get a full meal at the cafe?
Unfortunately we don't sell meals at the cafe, but we do have a range of yummy cakes, slices and biscuits.
Can I apply for a job at the cafe?
We aren't hiring at the moment, but opportunities will be shared on our socials.
Can I volunteer at the cafe?
We don't offer a volunteer program at the moment, but you can stay up to date on volunteer opportunities by following us on social media.
Where should I park?
There is a small car park behind our building, accessible from Villa Street—just follow the parking arrows.
If the car park is full, parking is usually available along Villa Street, this is an unlimited parking area.
Still have questions? Send us a message!
Send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can within our opening hours of 10am to 4pm on Wednesday to Sunday.
If you'd like to chat to us sooner, you can give us a call on (07) 3892 2894.